WE ARE A NONPROFIT COMMITTED TO SERVING SOLDIERS, HONORING HEROES
Imagine having a dog that could help you become a part of the world again, even change your life!
Patriot Rovers is asking you to join us as we provide a lifeline of support to our combat veterans who return home with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and/or Traumatic Brain Injuries.
Our program results demonstrate that our trained psychiatric service dogs meet the following needs:
- Medical Alert and response
- Direct services for daily functioning
- Strengthens morale and well-being
- Stabilization and a sense of purpose
- Socialization and reintegration
- Potential workforce training through new skills
The program promotes healing to three populations:
- Our dogs are cared for medically and trained as service dogs
- Veterans work with the dogs in training and once they pass all evaluations they then receive their personal service dog.
- Gold Star families request a dog to be named after their loved one who paid the ultimate sacrifice. These families meet the dog and the soldier receiving the dog and form personal relationships.
Patriot Rovers is different from many organizations who provide service dogs to veterans:
- The dogs are certified psychiatric service dogs, they are trained as medical alert and response dogs as well as other service tasks that the veteran needs. They are not pets or emotional or therapy support animals.
- We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and 91% of the funds raised go directly into the service dog program cost.
- Once the dogs go through extensive training they are matched with their veteran and together the training continues. This allows the dog and veteran to create a special bond that lasts throughout their partnership.
- Ongoing training and support is provided by Patriot Rovers.